Ok, so Mr. Smartonauta (who did not know he was the original Smart?) got carried away in a bipartisan mood and besides admitting that he doesn’t hate me, also invited me to carry on the meme and “share 6 secrets”.
Whoever reads this blog knows that he probably did that on purpose. This is not by any means a “personal” site… So risking being even more dull than usual, here it goes:
1. Even though my identity is not exactly a secret, very few people that I know personally read this blog. One notable exception is my wife. I actually write most posts for her. Sometimes she reviews posts before I publish them, and occasionally she writes some comments.
2. I never write about technology because that is my work. I don’t know exactly why I like to keep those things separated but it is a principle I follow since I started this back in 2003.
3. I am a ‘violent non-smoker’. That means I am not only against smoking, I get mad just to see people I don’t know lighting a cigarette. Losing both parents to smoking related illnesses can do that to a person.
4. Want to know how I look like? My wife says I am a cross between Matt Damon and Jack Bauer (not Kiefer Sutherland – he needs to be angry to look like me). But again, my wife also thinks I am a genius. Beware.
5. Even though I mock Mr. Smartonauta for having a government job, back in 2002 I interviewed with the FCC and was really close to accepting an offer. A bad mean private company offered me more money and I ran away from my chance of tasting the sweet public servant life.
6. Sometimes I am afraid that God exists and I am ignoring all his signs. Now what really worries me is that he might be a Democrat…